Thursday, July 12, 2012

Raspberry, Lemon, and Mango Sponge Cake




Meant to be individual sponge cakes, I made this a three-tiered cake filled with raspberry jam, covered with whipped cream, and topped off with fresh mangoes. I made this for a party and it was finished so quickly. It was such a hit that I made it again for another party the next day. When I took a bite of this cake, I realized it was a little bit dry since I didn't brush the sponge cake with simple syrup. All in all, this Raspberry, Lemon, and Mango Sponge Cake was very delicious.



-from BC Liquor Stores "Taste" Magazine. ("Individual Lemon Raspberry Sponge Cakes")

4 comments :

Grace said...

Clarissa I am so impressed with your baking ability, look out world pastry chef in the making! Had to share your site on Twitter, Facebook & Google+. Keep on doing what you're doing you obviously have a passion for baking and it shows.

Anonymous said...

Go AMAZE the world Clarissa....looks like you've found a passion...hope you find many more along your highway of life

Clarissa Roque said...

Thank you so much! I actually accept orders now. Today I'm making cupcakes and a cake for my mom's co-worker's bachelorette party. Can't wait for the finished product!

Clarissa Roque said...

Thank you!