Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Melt-in-Your-Mouth Shortbread Cookies

These are the easiest cookies that I've ever made. You only need four ingredients which you will definitely have in your kitchen; butter, icing sugar, cornstarch, and all-purpose flour. Click here for the original recipe by allrecipes.com and nutritional information.

One time, way before I'd known this recipe, I was given a cookie that looked exactly the same as this one. When I grabbed it from the goodie bag, it almost completely crumbled in my fingers. I was surprised, I've never had a shortbread cookie like this one, it melts the moment you put it into your mouth. I made shortbread cookies before but it was the exact opposite from these cookies-crunchy and hard-definitely not melt-in-your-mouth. But the shortbread I ate was from a bakery though and I thought I wouldn't ever be able to make a replica of it. That cookie was sooo good though, one of my favorite cookies(the bestest cookie would be Thomas Keller's double chocolate chip cookie).  





INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 375°F(190°C). Line two trays with parchment paper.

Whip butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, cornstarch, and flour. Beat on low speed for one minute, the on high for 3 to 4 minutes. Drop cookies by spoonfuls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Or, if you want them to look much prettier, pipe the dough in a pastry bag with a large, star tip.

Bake for 12 to 15 mins. Watch that the edges don't brown too much and cool on wire racks.

Bon appétit!

No comments :